Thursday, December 10, 2009

ChristMAS

The bishop had a thought in primary the other day. He gave the kids a "spanish lesson". He told them that Christmas in Spanish was Navidad. Then he asked the kids if they knew what "mas" meant in Spanish. It meant "more". He encouraged us to put More Christ in Christmas. To remember him. I really liked that.
It is a hard balance to draw between Santa and Jesus Christ. My son thinks that they are best friends. I liked that, but I told him that Jesus gave us a gift greater than Santa could ever give, and that is his life so that we could live with him forever. That is why we celebrate, and try a little harder to serve others at this time of year.
I am so grateful for that sacrifice. Being a mother, I think I have more appreciation of our Heavenly Father's gift. I can't imagine being able to offer my son or daughter to do what Christ had to do. I'm glad that as a perfect being, he was able to. Because I love my family more than anything else in this world. They give me the greatest joy possible, and that is why it is called the plan of happiness!
I hope the holidays are full of celebration. And I hope I can share that message to sink in a little deeper with my kids. I LOVE this time of year, and hope that it brings everyone joy.

No comments: