Friday, January 14, 2011

Bondage

My favorite Book of Mormon story is the people of Limhi. I love that he eased their burdens before they were freed. And a phrase has stuck out to me. Zeniff talked about being "overzealous" to return to the land of their inheritance. And that is what got them into bondage in the first place.
Lately I have been reviewing our life, and realize that we were "overzealous" in achieving financial freedom and in the process, became more in debt - or bondage.
I'm so glad we have a prophet that knows what we need to do to achieve real freedom. I'm grateful to know that we can repent and be "eased" in our burdens before fully released. I think the biggest ease is paying our tithing. Like our last bishop said, "It's your first source of income."
What a blessing!

1 comment:

OccupyThis said...

I HATE debt!! Debt truly does = bondage. Great post, and I wish you the best of luck in escaping the prison of debt! I hope to join you soon.