Thursday, October 20, 2011

Answers to Prayers

Lately I have been so overwhelmed with the amount of cleaning/organizing this house needs.  I've been somewhat concerned about the amount of attention I've been giving my kids though (or lack of).  But it was something that I kind of put off in the back of my mind.  Anyway, lately I've been really good at reading my scriptures and I've started being better at personal prayers.  As I was praying the other day, a thought from the talk I gave on Sunday popped into my head and I kind of got distracted during my praying by it.  In my talk, I urged people to discover what their "personal Liahona" was telling them to do, and I said to young parents, maybe it's that your house doesn't have to be perfectly clean.  But that maybe you should play more with your kids.  I used to follow that advice really well, almost to a fault, but lately I haven't been.  And when that popped into my head, it really hit me. 

But guess what?  The house has been more clean since I've been focusing more on spending quality time with my kids.  How does that work?  Because God blessed me for following the spirit!  It's been such a tender mercy these past few days! 

So, I urge you guys to follow whatever prompting you have, and other aspects of your life that you don't think would be affected, probably will be.  It's how the Lord works.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the post. I need to remember to spend more quality time with my kids. It's hard to juggle all the things we need/want to get done. I never feel like I can fit it all in so by default I just don't do anything. But this was a good reminder for me. Thanks Melissa.